Nestlé Recalls Many DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine and Stouffer’s Products
Nestlé USA announced it was voluntarily recalling nearly 3 million boxes of its products part of the DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine and Stouffer's product lines, due to the fact that they may contain small pieces of glass. The company did not disclose what may have caused the problem, but more than 10 products are included in the recall. Consumers are being advised not to use these products.
Nestlé released a statement stating: “Although our investigation is ongoing, we believe the source of the glass is spinach that was an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall. Nestlé USA is taking this action out of an abundance of caution after several consumers reported they had found small pieces of glass in some of these products.” Consumers who have purchased the items involved in the recall should check the production codes listed on Nestlé’s website and see if the codes match the codes on their boxes.
Below is a list of products that are included in the recall:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna, the 10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna