Top 10 Mistakes to Avoid
If you have recently been injured or involved in a car accident in North Carolina, it is important to avoid these 10 mistakes:
- Failing to go to the doctor, hospital, emergency room, or urgent care immediately following your accident.
- Allowing the at-fault driver's insurance adjuster to visit you in person.
- Signing any type of release from the insurance company before completing your medical treatment.
- Giving a recorded interview to an insurance liability adjuster.
- Failing to use your health insurance.
- Missing out on medical payment coverage.
- Failing to take advantage of free professional advice.
- Failing to continue to seek medical treatment due to inconvenience or expense.
- Missing compensation for punitive damages.
- Settling with the liability carrier for policy limits, thus waiving your rights to underinsured motorists coverage and excess liability coverage.
Any of these mistakes can compromise your chances of recovering maximum compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and property damage. Before making any statements to an insurance company, including your own insurance company, be sure to consult an experienced North Carolina car accident attorney at Lanier Law Group, P.A. We can provide you with the legal advice and guidance you need to avoid these mistakes, as well as help you pursue your claim for the largest possible recovery!
If you or a family member has been injured in an auto accident, please take a moment to fill out this free case evaluation or contact the office directly. An attorney at Lanier Law Group, P.A. will get back to shortly to discuss your claim.