Wrongful Death Benefits
When an individual is killed due to the negligence of another, the surviving family members have the right to seek benefits by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Types of wrongful death benefits include:
- Compensation for any hospitalization or medical care the decedent (the victim) received before he or she passed away
- Compensation for any pain or suffering the decedent experienced before he or she passed away
- Compensation for funeral and burial expenses
- Compensation for lost income the decedent would have contributed had he or she not been killed
- Compensation for lost pensions and benefits
- Compensation for loss of services, protection, care, assistance, society, companionship, comfort, guidance, advice etc.
- Punitive damages the decedent could have recovered had he or she survived, pursuant to Chapter 1D of the General Statutes
- Punitive damages for wrongfully causing the death of the decedent through malice or willful or wanton conduct, pursuit to G.S. 1D 5
Contact a North Carolina Wrongful Death Lawyer
Medical malpractice, nursing home abuse or neglect, auto accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, defective products, and more call all lead to a wrongful death incident. If you have recently lost a family member due to the negligent, reckless, or wanton actions of another person, an experienced North Carolina wrongful death attorney at Lanier Law Group, P.A. can assist you in filing for wrongful death benefits. We're here to help you get through this difficult time and provide you with the legal guidance and representation needed to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the person responsible for your loss.
For more information about the services offered at the firm, please contact Lanier Law Group, P.A. today at 855.234.7619!