Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Lexington Restaurant

The family of a Davie County man who died after getting sick from food served at a restaurant in Lexington, North Carolina has decided to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The suit was officially announced Friday, July 10.

The victim was a 94-year-old man who died from acute renal failure after contracting Salmonella poisoning from food at the restaurant. The man died on June 27 and ate at the barbecue restaurant, Tarheel Q, on June 16. He became ill within the few days after eating there and was admitted for treatment to the Davis Regional Medical Center.

At this point, there have been 267 people from 21 different North Carolina counties and five other states who reported getting sick after eating at Tarheel Q, according to information from the lawsuit. At this point, the 94-year-old man is the only confirmed death resulting from those sicknesses. Six other people have also filed lawsuits against the restaurant since the Salmonella outbreak was confirmed.

Investigators have not yet been able to pinpoint how Salmonella infected the food. An analysis of some of the North Carolina Public Health Inspection reports revealed the restaurant had 32 critical violations and 48 other health violations since December 2009. Health officials did say the restaurant had undergone extensive cleaning and workers went through educational training about food safety and cleanliness. The restaurant remains open for business.

If a loved one has died due to the negligence of another party, you may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. For further guidance, consult the reliable North Carolina attorneys at Lanier Law Group.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*