Durham Attorneys Champion Victims of Nursing Home Negligence
Find justice for your loved one in North Carolina
Nursing home negligence is often hard to detect. You may visit your loved one and not realize that anything is wrong. Sometimes, this is because the victim is embarrassed or unsure of where to turn. We at Lanier Law Group, P.A. aggressively pursue claims against eldercare facilities and nursing homes in Greenville and throughout the state. Our lawyers have the experience and knowledge to help your family obtain compensation for the suffering and humiliation your loved one has endured.
Types of nursing home negligence
There are many forms of nursing home abuse: negligence and neglect are among them. As soon as you suspect that you or your relative is the victim of nursing home negligence in North Carolina, seek legal help. At Lanier Law Group, P.A., we work diligently to uncover who is responsible for causing your family pain. Here are some common types of nursing home negligence and neglect that occur in towns like Durham and Asheville:
- Physical abuse: Hitting, kicking and pushing a patient constitute physical abuse. Depriving a patient of food, water or basic hygiene also is abuse.
- Psychological abuse: Psychological harassment and degradation by staff members can cause emotional trauma and depression.
- Financial abuse: Financial abuse can occur on a small scale — the theft of toiletries and personal items — or on a larger scale and involve identity theft or bank fraud. In many cases, financial abuse goes unnoticed by the victim.
- Sexual abuse: A patient may be sexually assaulted or abused by nursing home staff.
- Neglect. If your loved one has developed bedsores, or if his/her health is starting to deteriorate, the nursing home could be neglecting him/her.
If you or a relative has been the victim of nursing home negligence from Burlington to Winston-Salem, let our experienced legal team investigate your case and possibly file suit against whoever may have caused the harm.
Advocating for elder-care abuse victims
Lanier Law Group, P.A. fights for the rights of patients who are harmed in nursing homes and eldercare facilities in North Carolina. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us at 855.234.7619 or contact us online. We have 11 offices conveniently located in Burlington, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Wilmington, Raleigh, Asheville, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville and Jamestown. You owe us nothing unless you obtain a judgment or settlement. Our Durham office is at 600 S. Duke St.