Types of Financial Compensation
North Carolina Personal Injury Attorney
The financial compensation awarded in a North Carolina personal injury claim or lawsuit will be based upon a number of different items. Following are the types of compensation that may be involved in your case (depending on the particular situation):
- Money for medical bills, supplies and all medical-related expenses associated with the injury
- Money for future or continued medical care, as needed
- Money for any lost wages the injured party experienced from missed work
- If the injury were disabling, money for a loss of potential earnings
- Compensation for physical and occupational rehabilitation, as necessary
- Money for non-economic damages, such as disfigurement, emotional trauma, pain and suffering
- For a wrongful death case, money for burial and funeral expenses, lost income the deceased would have contributed, and loss of companionship
The value of a personal injury claim may vary drastically, depending on the unique case. The extent of injury is a primary factor as well as what impact this injury may have on the victim's life. A North Carolina personal injury attorney can evaluate exactly what your case is worth by working with medical, psychological and economic professionals who can determine and testify to the varied financial, emotional and physical impacts the injury may cause.
Personal Injury Lawyer Serving North Carolina
Making sure you receive the full monetary damages to which you should be entitled is an essential part of the legal counsel that our law firm provides. At Lanier Law Group, P.A., we are dedicated to helping our clients get the money they need to rebuild their lives to the same or similar situation as before the accident occurred.
Contact a North Carolina personal injury lawyer at our firm if you are interested in learning what types of financial compensation you may receive, and in what amount.