SSI Assistance from Experienced Asheville Disability Lawyers
Fighting to get you the benefits you deserve in North Carolina
SSI or Supplemental Security Income is a federal program that provides benefits to people who are aged, blind or disabled, and have little or no income. We at Lanier Law Group, P.A. know that obtaining SSI can be a difficult process for most people. When you retain us, you gain the support of an experienced legal team ready to work tirelessly for you. Visit one of our offices to discuss your Supplemental Security Income case with one of our compassionate lawyers.
Supplemental Security Income can provide you with the money you need for food, clothing and shelter. If you suffer a total or permanent disability, we at Lanier Law Group, P.A. can help you file an application for SSI or file an SSDI claim. Our lawyers can explain your rights in regard to SSI, which include:
- Anyone has the right to apply for SSI
- If you wish, you have the right to appoint a representative
- You have the right to be notified about your eligibility for SSI
- You or your representative can examine your file at any time
- You have the right to file an SSI appeal if your initial application is denied
Our law firm provides unwavering support to those who suffer total or permanent disabilities in Raleigh and throughout the state of North Carolina, and need guidance regarding SSI or Social Security Disability.
Eligibility for SSI
You may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income if you have a low income and meet the following definitions created by the Social Security Administration:
- Aged: You must be 65 or older to qualify for SSI based on your age.
- Disabled: Disability is an inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity because of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment expected to result in death, or has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.
- Blind: A person is deemed blind if he or she has a central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with the use of a correcting lens. There are separate guidelines for people who suffer from a limited field of vision.
When you need trustworthy advice in North Carolina about Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Insurance, Lanier Law Group, P.A. is here for you.
Free initial consultation for SSI guidance in North Carolina
Lanier Law Group, P.A. is devoted to helping clients with SSI and SSDI claims. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us at 855.234.7619 or contact us online. We have 11 offices located in Burlington, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville and Jamestown. You owe us nothing unless you obtain a settlement.