Wrongful Death Lawyer in North Carolina
Benefits to Heirs
If you have recently lost a loved one due to wrongful death, an experienced North Carolina wrongful death attorney at our office can meet with you to discuss filing a claim. Under North Carolina law, the surviving family members of a wrongful death victim may have the right to be compensated for their loss. Types of recoverable damages include:
- Expenses for care, treatment and hospitalization relevant to the injury resulting in death
- Compensation for pain and suffering of the decedent
- The reasonable funeral expenses of the decedent
- The present monetary value of the decedent to the persons entitled to receive the damages, including compensation for the loss of the reasonably expected:
- Net income of the decedent
- Services, protection, care, and assistance of the decedent, whether voluntary or obligatory, to the persons entitled to the damages recovered
- Society, companionship, comfort, guidance, kindly offices, and advice of the decedent to the persons entitled to the damages recovered
- Such punitive damages as the decedent could have recovered pursuant to Chapter 1D of the General Statutes had he or she survived, and punitive damages for wrongfully causing the death of the decedent through malice or willful or wanton conduct, as defined in G.S. 1D 5
Why a North Carolina wrongful death attorney at our firm?
At Lanier Law Group, P.A., we are dedicated to providing families throughout North Carolina with the compassionate, professional, and respectful representation they need following a wrongful death incident. We can meet with you in person to discuss your legal options, advise you of your rights, and help you get the claims process underway. You can depend on us to provide you with support, guidance, and advice throughout this process, and help make sure your family's rights and best interests are protected at all times. We know that no amount of compensation or any legal action will be enough to make up for your loss. However, by making the decision to file a claim, you may recover the compensation you deserve!
Contact a North Carolina wrongful death lawyer today.