Get the Benefits You Deserve With Help From Burlington Disability Lawyers
Working to uphold your rights in North Carolina
Regardless of how you became injured, you may be eligible for benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance program. However, the Social Security Administration frequently denies applications. Therefore, it is in your best interests to hire a skilled lawyer before filing an application. At Lanier Law Group, P.A., our Burlington attorneys can review your case and determine your chances of receiving benefits. If your application is denied, our experienced lawyers are prepared to help you file an SSDI appeal. If you want to discuss your case in person with one of our lawyers, visit our office at 1148 South Church St. in Burlington.
Common reasons for Social Security Disability denials
Based on years of experience, Having handled various types of matters involving Social Security Disability from Charlotte to Burlington, we at Lanier Law Group, P.A. have a deep understanding of Social Security Disability law.
If your application for Social Security Disability is denied for any of the following reasons, you can appeal the SSA’s initial decision:
- Your income is too high: One of the primary reasons applicants are denied is that their monthly income is too high. In 2013, you have to earn no more than $1,040 a month to qualify.
- The SSA cannot find you: If the SSA cannot contact you, your application for Social Security Disability benefits may be denied.
- Your disability is temporary: To qualify for SSDI benefits, your disability must last at least 12 months or result in your death. An exception is made for applicants who are blind.
- You do not follow your doctor’s orders: If your physician prescribes you a certain therapy, and you refuse to follow it, your application may be denied.
- You do not cooperate with the SSA: To assess your case, the SSA needs your medical records and other pertinent information. Failure to allow the SSA access to these documents can result in your application being denied.
If you need help at any stage of the Social Security Disability process, we at Lanier Law Group, P.A. are here to offer you sympathetic guidance and support.
Burlington disability attorneys protect your right to SSDI benefits in NC
When you need compassionate legal care for an SSDI or SSI matter, look no further than Lanier Law Group, P.A. To schedule a free initial consultation with one our skilled attorneys, call us at 855.234.7619 or contact us online. We have 11 offices located in Asheville, Burlington, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Wilmington, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville and Jamestown. You owe us nothing unless you obtain a settlement.