A little more than a year after her son was killed in an explosion at a hotel, a mother has filed a lawsuit against both the hotel and a plumbing company.
Michael Walden was killed when the gas broiler at the Mercury Motel in Nashville blew up. Walden was an employee of the hotel who was checking on a gas leak when the broiler exploded.
Walden's mother, Charlotte McGuire, claims that Holt Plumbing Company is responsible for the explosion that killed her son. In her lawsuit, she says that the plumbing company did a poor job repairing the broiler. An employee for the company allegedly removed a piece from the broiler at the Mercury Hotel in order to repair a broiler in a neighboring hotel, the Drake Motel. The fix didn't work and the company left without properly reconnecting the gas lines, which caused gas to start leaking. Walden was checking on that leak when the broiler exploded.
In addition to Holt Plumbing Company, McGuire has also filed a lawsuit against the Drake Motel and Piedmont Natural Gas. She claims the utility company failed to respond to reports of a gas leak quickly enough.
In total, McGuire is seeking $15 million in damages.
Need Help Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Nothing is more devastating than losing someone you love unexpectedly. If you think your loved one's death occurred due to the negligence of someone else, you should speak with an experienced North Carolina personal injury attorney at Lanier Law Group, P.A. about filing a wrongful death claim. Although getting involved in a lawsuit may be the last thing on your mind during this difficult time, in doing so you can recover compensation for your loss and maybe even find closure or peace of mind.
Contact Lanier Law Group, P.A. today if you are interested in learning more about your rights to wrongful death benefits.