A man in Victoria, Texas was awarded $4 million this week for a surgical sponge that was left inside of him during gallbladder surgery. Ronald Molder, 45, went in for a routine gallbladder surgery in 2008 at the DeTar Hospital Navarro, and he was rushed into a hospital almost a year later suffering from fever and severe pain.
At that time, the hospital staff performed a CT scan that revealed the neglected sponge. Even worse, his gallbladder had not actually been removed. Molder subsequently sued the hospital for negligence. However, the lead surgeon, Dr. John Barber, was not held responsible for the negligence charges. In his post-surgery notes, he wrote that the nurses had checked the sponge count twice and, since it is the responsibility of the nurses to do so, the doctor was cleared.
Are you the victim of medical malpractice? Do you fear that a medical procedure has affected you negatively and you are now paying the price for it? Don't spend another moment wondering. Instead, contact our firm to speak with an understanding North Carolina personal injury attorney.
“She was very professional, kept me completely involved and updated with everything. Awesome job done.”
“Maria stayed on top of everything with updates, etc.”
“Very good communication throughout my case. Brenda paid great attention to my case and kept me up to date.”
“Both attorneys involved were very informative and walked me through my case every setp of the way. They answered any questions and concerns I had whenever they cam up. I was very nervous and skeptical at the beginning but that quickly changed.”
Please fill out form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.
Use the map below to find the location closest to you