Myrtle Beach Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Experienced Lawyers for Difficult Cases
A catastrophic injury case is likely to meet significant challenges from the defendant and their insurance company. Be ready for anything by getting the Myrtle Beach catastrophic injury lawyers of Lanier Law Group on your side. We focus our practice on claims and lawsuits that involve life-changing injuries and high-stakes damages, so we can do the most good with our talents and resources.
If you need legal counsel that won’t back down, dial (855) 757-4204.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
The definition of a catastrophic injury is often defined as an injury that will cause a permanent disability or change in the survivor’s life. In some contexts, a catastrophic injury is an injury that limits the survivor’s ability to make a gainful income. No matter the exact definition of a catastrophic injury, the common thread is that they often make for complicated, hard-fought claims and lawsuits that should be brought to a catastrophic injury attorney’s attention as soon as possible.
Different Forms of Catastrophic Injury
Lanier Law Group can handle catastrophic injury cases that involve:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): A brain injury can cause learning, speech, and mobility issues, along with a variety of other life-changing complications.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can cause immediate and permanent paralysis that affects one or multiple limbs.
- Amputation injuries: The loss of a limb or digit is life-changing, especially if the amputation interrupts day-to-day life, entertainment, and work.
- Loss of hearing or vision: Sensory loss like blindness or deafness will require specialized care to relearn how to live without the lost sense.
- Third-degree burns: A third-degree burn is likely to cause permanent disfigurement. Some severe burns can even be the source of chronic or recurring pain.
- Organ failure or damage: Permanent organ failure can require permanent specialized medical care, which can quickly get expensive.
- Permanent scarring: Plaintiffs can get compensation for permanent, visible scarring and the harm it caused their self-image and self-esteem.
Common Treatments for Catastrophic Injuries
The treatments required to alleviate the symptoms or prevent a disability from a catastrophic injury can be intensive. For this reason, it is not unusual for the total damages associated with a catastrophic injury to be significant. Affording the necessary care can be impossible without a successful injury claim.
Treatments for catastrophic injuries can include:
- Emergency surgery
- Extended hospitalization
- Specialized rehabilitative therapy
- In-home aftercare and treatments
Living with a catastrophic injury after medical treatments can also be expensive. A catastrophic injury survivor might need unique adjustments made to their property, for example, such as wheelchair ramps throughout the home.
Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
The purpose of a catastrophic injury case is to secure justice and compensation for our client. The amount of compensation that we pursue will be based on the specifics of your case, your injury, and how it has changed your life for the worse. Thanks to our extensive experience working on catastrophic injury claims specifically, we know how to accurately calculate the damages owed to you.
Compensation in a catastrophic injury claim can help pay for these damages and more:
- Past and future medical costs
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Future unearned income
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lessened enjoyment of life
- Lost independence
- Shortened life expectancy
In complex cases, we can work with medical and accounting experts to get a full understanding of how your injury will change your life and financial stability. It is one of many ways that we can go above and beyond your expectations to do the most for your case.
Choose a Local Myrtle Beach Lawyer
You could have your choices of legal representation when starting a catastrophic injury case. Choosing an impersonal corporate law firm could be the wrong decision. For a case as serious as yours, trust in a local team that genuinely cares about your well-being. At Lanier Law Group in Myrtle Beach, you will find a team of legal professionals who are invested in your recovery, not just as attorneys, but also as friends.
When working with a local Myrtle Beach attorney, you can appreciate these benefits:
- We know local courthouses – like the Myrtle Beach Clerk of Court on Oak Street – and the officials and judges who work there.
- We know how local judges and juries approach catastrophic injury cases to reach rulings and verdicts.
- We know how local insurance defense representatives build their cases for settlement negotiation and litigation.
- We know local medical professionals – like the doctors and nurses at Grand Stand Medical Center – who can help your case by lending expert testimonies and insight.
We’re Ready to Help – Please Call Today
Lanier Law Group and our Myrtle Beach catastrophic injury attorneys are standing by to give you the help and strength you need to pursue a claim or lawsuit after suffering a life-changing injury. We can handle all steps involved from start to finish, so you can rest and focus on healing. See how we combine the power of a corporate law firm and the one-on-one attention of a small law firm to take on the toughest cases by calling (855) 757-4204 now.
Initial consultations are free and confidential for catastrophic injury clients.
Hire Heavyweight!What Sets Our Firm Apart?
We Never Back Down
Our attorneys are confident taking cases to trial and will always seek to maximize your compensation.
We're Here For You 24/7
Regardless of when you contact our firm, we're here to make sure that you get the answers you need. We also offer weekend appointments and consultations.
We're In Your Corner
Every case we take on has a team of dedicated professionals assigned to make sure that we're delivering the best possible service and results.