North Carolina Supplemental Security Income Lawyers
Fighting Tirelessly to Help You Get the Benefits You Deserve
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a federal program that provides benefits to people who are aged, blind, or disabled and have little or no income. At Lanier Law Group, we know that obtaining SSI benefits can be a difficult process for most people. When you work with our North Carolina SSI lawyers, you gain the support of an experienced legal team that is ready to work tirelessly for you.
Understanding SSI Benefits & Your Rights
Supplemental Security Income can provide you with the money you need for food, clothing, and shelter. If you suffer or were born with a total or permanent disability, we can help you file an application for SSI benefits. We can also assist you in filing an SSDI claim if applicable.
Our lawyers can explain your rights in regard to SSI, which include:
- Any qualified individual has the right to apply for SSI
- If you wish, you have the right to appoint a legal representative
- You have the right to be notified about your eligibility for SSI
- You or your representative can examine your file at any time
- You have the right to file an SSI appeal if your initial application is denied
Our firm provides unwavering support to those who suffer total or permanent disabilities and need guidance regarding SSI or SSDI benefits.
Eligibility for SSI in North Carolina
You may be eligible for SSI if you have a low income and meet the following definitions created by the Social Security Administration:
- “Aged:” You must be 65 or older to qualify for SSI based on your age.
- “Disabled:” Disability is an inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity because of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months, or which is expected to result in death.
- “Blind:” A person is deemed blind if he or she has a central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with the use of a correcting lens. There are separate guidelines for people who suffer from a limited field of vision.
When you need trustworthy advice about Supplemental Security Income in North Carolina, Lanier Law Group is here for you.
Trust Our Team to Advocate for You
Lanier Law Group is devoted to helping clients with all aspects of SSI cases, from initial filings to appealing denied claims. With offices located in Burlington, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Wilmington, Asheville, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, and Jamestown, we are poised to serve you regardless of where you live. We offer contingency fees, meaning you owe us nothing unless you obtain a settlement.
For more information, call (855) 757-4204. Your initial consultation is completely free and confidential.