North Carolina Railroad Accident Attorneys
Representation for Victims of All Types of Railroad Accidents
Train and railroad accidents often result in catastrophic injury and death. These are devastating, life-altering accidents, affecting victims and their loved ones in myriad ways. Whether you are a railroad worker who was injured on the job or your loved one was killed in a car accident with a train due to safety mechanism failures, Lanier Law Group can help.
Our North Carolina railroad accident lawyers understand the complex nature of these types of claims. With decades of legal experience, we also know how to navigate the various challenges you are up against.
When you choose our firm, you put a heavyweight in your corner. Let us fight for you and the justice you deserve.
Call Lanier Law Group at (855) 757-4204 or fill out and submit an online contact form to get started with a free consultation. We accept calls 24/7.
Types of Railroad Accident Claims We Handle
Since 1997, Lanier Law Group has been representing injured individuals and the families of those wrongfully killed in a wide variety of railroad accidents. We have sought compensation on behalf of everyone from train conductors and engineers to automobile drivers and pedestrians to train passengers.
We handle all types of railroad accident claims, including but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle-train collisions
- Pedestrians and bicyclists struck by trains
- Train-train collisions
- Train and railroad explosions
- On-board and related fires
- Malfunctioning train signals
- Improper maintenance
- Defective train parts/products
- Overloaded/improperly loaded freight trains
- Negligent railroad personnel
- Track obstruction
- Poor weather conditions that cause a collision
- Railroad worker injuries
- Bridge collapses/tunnel collapses
Regardless of how you or your loved one’s accident occurred, Lanier Law Group can help you examine all of your available options and determine the best course of action moving forward.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Just as there are many types of train accidents, there are also nearly immeasurable causes of these accidents. Sadly, many railroad accidents and injuries are the result of negligence.
When this is the case, injured victims—whether they are train passengers, automobile drivers, train operators, railroad workers, or other third parties—have the right to seek financial compensation for their damages.
Depending on the unique circumstances of the accident, damages may include things like medical bills, lost income/wages, disability, property damage, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of a loved one, funeral costs, and more.
Some of the most common causes of railroad accidents include:
- Human error: Train operators, automobile drivers, railroad workers, and other individuals can all make mistakes that lead to devastating accidents and injuries.
- Mechanical failure: Safety mechanisms, such as signals at crossings or even the train itself, may experience mechanical failure. This can lead to serious accidents.
- Improper maintenance: If a train, track, or safety mechanism is not properly maintained, a serious railroad accident may occur.
- Explosions and fires: These events can severely injure or kill railroad workers, passengers, and others. In many cases, explosions and fires are due to defective parts or negligent maintenance.
- Defective parts and products: Defective brakes, safety mechanisms, lights, and other parts and products can lead to collisions, explosions, and other devastating accidents.
- Intentional wrongful actions: Though somewhat rare, intentional wrongful acts, such as deliberate track obstruction, sometimes causes railroad accidents.
At Lanier Law Group, we know how to thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident and determine who is liable for your damages. Our team is tireless in its pursuit of justice for our clients.
Call for a Free Consultation
With multiple offices located across the state, including Asheville, Raleigh, and Charlotte, our North Carolina railroad accident attorneys have the tools and resources to represent you in your claim. We work to obtain swift settlements for our clients, but we also realize that this is not always possible.
If necessary, our experienced litigators can represent you at trial. We never back down from even the toughest of cases; you can rest assured that our team will stand beside you throughout every stage of the legal process.
For a no-cost, no-obligation consultation, contact us online or call (855) 757-4204 today.
Don't Hire Just Any Law FirmGet the Heavyweights on Your Side!
We've successfully resolved thousands of cases and have a long-standing history of favorable verdicts.Recent Victories
Over the years, we've helped our client successfully navigate even the most complex situations.Featured Reviews
Meet Our Team
With over five decades of combined experience, we have the passion, experience, and follow through you need.Get To Know Our Staff