North Carolina Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Compassionate & Dedicated Legal Representation
Whether you walk, run, jog, or bike, you deserve to feel safe. Unfortunately, many motorists in North Carolina do not obey traffic laws and do not give pedestrians the right of way. At Lanier Law Group, we are committed to fighting on behalf of any pedestrian who is struck by a car, truck, or other motor vehicle.
Our North Carolina pedestrian accident attorneys have developed a well-earned reputation for treating clients with the compassion, attention, and respect they deserve. If you need the guidance and representation of a legal heavyweight, schedule an appointment at one of our many offices today.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrian accidents occur when motorists fail to pay attention to stop signs, crosswalks, and intersections. Because motor vehicles are so much larger and heavier than people, car accidents involving pedestrians can lead to catastrophic injuries and even death.
Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Head injuries are common in pedestrian accidents. Depending on the speed of the car when it strikes a pedestrian, it can cause a minor concussion, a life-changing traumatic brain injury, or death.
- Neck injuries are also widely reported in pedestrian accidents. Many victims experience symptoms similar to whiplash. Serious neck injuries can lead to paralysis and death.
- Back injuries are among the more serious consequences of pedestrian-related auto accidents. If you suffer damage to your spinal cord after being hit by a car, seek assistance from a team of respected attorneys as soon as possible.
- Broken bones—including hands, feet, arms, legs, and more—can result from a collision with a car, motorcycle, or truck.
- Internal organ damage may result from a pedestrian-auto accident. This can lead to serious, lasting pain and even life-threatening complications.
Our dedicated North Carolina pedestrian accident lawyers have a deep understanding of the law and can help you pursue compensation for all of your damages.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
In most cases, pedestrian accidents are the result of careless or reckless drivers who simply aren’t paying attention. Under the law, pedestrians nearly always have the right-of-way due to the fact that a person on foot is simply no match for a large, heavy, fast-moving vehicle. That being said, drivers may try to assert that the pedestrian was illegally entering or crossing the roadway to limit their liability.
Pedestrian accidents are most commonly caused by driver negligence. This may include things like:
- Distracted driving/texting while driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving while impaired (drunk driving)
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Inexperienced drivers
- Reckless and/or aggressive driving
- Running red lights/stop signs
- Defective automobile parts
- Road hazards
This list is not exhaustive; there are many common causes of pedestrian accidents, all of which can result in severe bodily injury and even death.
Contact Lanier Law Group Today
Pedestrian accidents happen all too often in the state of North Carolina. When they are caused by negligence and result in serious injury to innocent people, Lanier Law Group is ready to act. If you are struggling to pay costly medical bills after being hit by a motor vehicle, let our experienced legal team stand up for your rights.