North Carolina Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Experienced Advocacy from a Respected Legal Team
Lanier Law Group, P.A. is composed of dedicated attorneys ready to help you attain any possible compensation you may deserve if you are injured in a motorcycle accident. We understand that cars and trucks do not always give riders the room they need. We also know that motorcycle accidents often result in catastrophic injuries and, in tragic cases, death.
If a negligent driver caused your accident or if you suspect your loved one’s death was the result of another person’s careless or reckless actions, contact our experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers. With multiple office locations throughout the state and decades of experience in all types of motor vehicle accident claims, we are the team you want in your corner.
Call us at (855) 757-4204 or submit an online contact form today to request a free consultation.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Claims We Handle
At Lanier Law Group, we handle all types of motorcycle accident claims. Whether your accident was caused by a distracted driver, a defective roadway, or any other form of negligence, we can help.
Common types of motorcycle accidents our firm handles include:
- DUI motorcycle accidents
- Failure to yield
- Freeway motorcycle accidents
- Off-road motorcycle accident
- Accidents caused by dangerous road conditions
- U-turn motorcycle accidents
- Lane change motorcycle accidents
- Intersection motorcycle accidents
- Rear-end motorcycle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Motorcycle and a fixed object accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents involving a motorcycle
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Defective product motorcycle accidents
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
At Lanier Law Group, our personal injury lawyers have extensive experience assisting riders who have been involved in all types of motorcycle accidents. We understand the common causes of these accidents, as well as how to investigate your case and determine who is liable for your injuries and other damages.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in North Carolina include:
- Tailgating: One of the most dangerous things a driver can do is to tailgate a motorcyclist. If the rider stops for any reason, the tailgating driver may slam into the back of the bike and cause serious injury or death.
- Road defects: For motorcyclists in North Carolina, potholes, uneven pavement, and other road defects can be perilous.
- Improper lane changes: If a driver performs an improper lane change or does not realize a rider is in the car’s blind spot, the car may collide with the motorcycle.
- Distracted drivers: Texting, talking on the phone, or fiddling with a GPS device can divert a driver’s attention from the road and cause him/her to crash into a motorcycle.
Our firm recognizes that devastating auto accidents can change the lives of many people involved. No matter how your motorcycle accident occurred— whether because of a reckless or fatigued driver or due to a defective strip of road—our skilled North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers want to help you get the compensation you may deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcyclists are relatively unprotected, even when wearing helmets and heavy clothing, they tend to suffer severe, life-altering injuries in crashes. At Lanier Law Group, we understand the unique challenges—financial, physical, and emotional—that these injures present for both victims and their loved ones. We have the resources to fully investigate your accident to identify the cause and the parties who should be held accountable for your injuries.
Our firm represents clients with all manner of motorcycle accident injuries, including but not limited to:
- Torn ligaments
- Broken bones (arms, legs, rib fractures, etc.)
- Amputations (fingers, arms, or legs)
- Internal organ injuries
- Neck and back injuries, such as disc injuries, fractures, or pinched nerves
- Spinal cord injuries, which may result in some degree of paralysis
- Head injuries and facial injuries
- Disfiguring injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, which can cause temporary or permanent mental or physical disability
What to Do after an Accident
After an accident has occurred, there are a number of urgent details that must be addressed. It’s always important to exchange identification and insurance information, but this is not always possible when one or more involved parties has sustained serious injuries.
After the accident, always seek immediate medical attention, even if you don't feel injured at the moment, as symptoms of soft tissue injuries may show up days later. You should also be sure to notify the police and submit an official accident report. Notify your insurance company of any motorcycle damage, as well as any injuries you sustained. The other party's insurance company will also want to interview you, but you should not speak with them directly. This communication is best handled by an experienced attorney who is familiar with the various strategies used by insurance companies to reduce settlement amounts.
Contact Lanier Law Group for a Free Consultation
A motorcycle accident that results in serious injury can completely change your life. Being unable to work while your injuries heal—while simultaneously accumulating medical bills—could leave your finances in ruin.
Your ability to gain the full compensation you deserve depends largely on choosing a skilled attorney who will work tirelessly to ensure you have a stable future. Discuss your case with an experienced motorcycle lawyer at our firm and put our decades of experience to work for you.
Call us at (855) 757-4204 for a free consultation. There are no fees unless/until we recover compensation for you.