What Types of Damages Can I Recover?
If you've been injured in an accident, chances are you're already feeling the financial pressure from the costs associated with your injury. When negligence hurts innocent people, it's not right or fair that they should have to bear the burden alone. The legal team at Lanier Law Group is ready to assist you or your loved one with a personal injury lawsuit that is designed to recover the damages you need in order to move on with your life after a car accident, truck accident, or other act of negligence.
Economic damages are direct monetary expenses accrued as a result of the accident or injury, such as the following:
- Medical expenses like hospital bills, doctor visits, treatments and therapy related to your injury.
- Lost wages and missed time at work, even loss of earning potential if you are unable to return to work.
- Repair costs to your vehicle, in the case of a motor vehicle accident.
- Other out-of-pocket costs like vocational rehabilitation and in-home care services.
Non-economic damages are more subjective and relate to the physical and mental harm caused by the injury, including:
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish.
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life.
- Loss of companionship/consortium.
The Charlotte personal injury lawyers at Lanier Law Group, P.A. have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients just like you. We can discuss your case in a free consultation and help determine what damages may be available to you.
Contact an Attorney at Our Charlotte Office
With multiple office locations across the state, Lanier Law Group represents injured victims throughout North Carolina. If you have been hurt due to someone else’s carelessness or intentional conduct in the Charlotte area, schedule an appointment at our office, located on Mallard Creek Road, between the Prosperity Church Road and University City neighborhoods.
5515 Monroe Rd., Charlotte, NC 28212 (704) 270-2985