North Carolina Product Liability Lawyers
Zealous Advocates for Victims of Defective Products
If a defective product injures you, many parties may be responsible, from the designer and the parts supplier to the manufacturer and the distributor. Lanier Law Group, P.A. can assess your situation and bring suit against all appropriate parties.
Our North Carolina product liability lawyers have extensive experience representing clients in defective product cases throughout the state. We can determine whether you have a valid claim and file suit in an effort to get you the compensation you deserve.
We have multiple locations throughout North Carolina, including Asheville, Raleigh, and Charlotte, and provide legal services in both English and Spanish.
There are no upfront fees when you choose to work with us; instead, our attorneys’ fees are only paid if and when they recover compensation in your case.
Call us at (855) 757-4204 to request a free consultation. We answer phone calls 24/7 and can travel to you to discuss your case if necessary.
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability is an area of law that holds those involved in the creation, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of defective or inherently dangerous products responsible for injuries those products cause.
Generally speaking, there are three types of product defects:
- Design defects: These occur when a product is designed in such a way that it is inherently dangerous for ordinary use. Design defects affect all products with the same design.
- Manufacturing defects: A product has this type of defect when an error occurs during the manufacturing stage, rendering the product defective and unsafe to use.
- Labeling defects: Also known as “failure to warn” or “marketing defects,” these occur when a product lacks safety warnings, possible side effects, instructions, or similar information.
Because businesses have products liability insurance to protect them from lawsuits, it's important that you speak with an attorney about a potential claim.
Proving a Product Liability Claim
As soon as you suffer an injury from a product, you should seek advice from an experienced North Carolina product liability lawyer.
We at Lanier Law Group can review your case and help you prove liability. Remember, parties involved in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of products have strict liability, meaning you do not need to prove any certain party was negligent.
In product liability claims in North Carolina, you must prove the following elements:
- You suffered an actual injury.
- The product was dangerous, defective, or poorly designed or did not have adequate warning labels.
- The defective product was the cause of your harm.
- You used the product with reasonable care and in the manner intended.
The statute of limitations for defective product liability claims in North Carolina is two years. This means that if you are injured by a defective product anywhere in the state, you must file suit within two years of being injured or you may be forever barred from recovering damages. An experienced defective product attorney from Lanier Law Group can help you through the process.
Common Types of Defective Product Cases
Companies that make and sell products have a duty to make sure their products are free from unreasonable hazards. Yet, each year, many defective items are released to market.
Some examples of common defective product liability cases include:
- Automotive defects: If a single component of a car, truck or motorcycle malfunctions, it can cause injury and death to the driver, passengers, and other motorists. Common automotive defects include faulty tires, airbags that fail to deploy or that deploy without impact, seatbelts that do not lock, and braking mechanisms that fail to engage.
- Pharmaceutical defects: New drugs must undergo rigorous testing before being released. Yet, some companies fail to discover dangerous side effects until it is too late.
- Toy defects: A toy can injure a child if it has small parts, is coated in toxic lead paint, or has sharp edges.
Because most manufacturing companies carry product liability insurance to protect them against lawsuits, it's important that you speak with an attorney about your potential claim. The North Carolina product liability lawyers of Lanier Law Group can provide you with aggressive and dedicated legal representation from start to finish.
Put a Reputable Legal Team in Your Corner
When you are injured by a defective product, you want to put your life back together as soon as possible. Lanier Law Group can help you do that.
We are widely respected for our aggressive approach to securing justice and fair compensation on behalf of our clients. With a proven track record of results—including many successful jury trials—our team has what it takes to fight tirelessly for you. Put a heavyweight in your corner; reach out to Lanier Law Group today.
Call (855) 757-4204 to request a complimentary consultation and case evaluation.
Don't Hire Just Any Law FirmGet the Heavyweights on Your Side!
We've successfully resolved thousands of cases and have a long-standing history of favorable verdicts.Recent Victories
Over the years, we've helped our client successfully navigate even the most complex situations.Featured Reviews
Meet Our Team
With over five decades of combined experience, we have the passion, experience, and follow through you need.Get To Know Our Staff