Skip to Content
Put Our Team in Your Corner 855-757-4204

Recall of Over 200,000 LED Nightlights

When Results Matter Most, Hire a Heavyweight

The Consumer Products Safety Commission has issued reports indicating that a total of 227,000 LED nightlights have been recalled. Apparently, the products have shown hazards related to fires and burning. The nightlights were manufactured by American Tack & Hardware Co. in China and then imported into the U.S. The plug-in LED lights reportedly contain an electrical short circuit that is capable of causing the nightlights to overheat and consequently melt. When this happens, serious fire and burn hazards are posed to the consumers that use the products.

A total of 25 reports have been made to American Tack & Hardware about the hazards of the nightlight. Several instances of the LED nightlights going up in smoke and burning and/ or melting have been reported among users of the product. While no injuries have yet been identified in relation to the defective product, the company has issued strong warnings against further consumption and use of the nightlight. In fact, the nightlights have been recalled and individuals in possession of them are encouraged to unplug them from their electrical sockets immediately.

The faulty nightlights were sold in hardware stores and lighting showrooms from March 2009 to October 2010. Some home centers were also identified as carrying the product; all of these businesses retailed the product at about $6. If you purchased an LED nightlight that fits this description then you should not wait to return the product at once. The recall includes three different models of the nightlight and you can identify if yours is one by looking at the back of the nightlight for the model number or on the packaging of an unopened nightlight.

While no injuries have yet been reported in relation to this particular product recall it is not to say that there have been no injuries so far. Oftentimes, unsuspecting consumers are injured by a product and they simply pass of the injury as purely accidental. However, as is evidenced by products such as AmerTac's defective LED light, accident is not always the reason for injuries of this nature. Therefore, if you were recently harmed during the use of any product that was purchased in retail stores, particularly if it was an LED nightlight manufactured by American Tack & Hardware Co. you should not hesitate to speak with a North Carolina personal injury attorney at your earliest convenience.

The Lanier Law Group, P.A. is a personal injury law firm servicing cities and counties throughout the state of North Carolina. For more than 15 years, we have dedicated our professional lives to helping those in need and we are more than willing to do the same for you.

We truly believe that consumers should not be harmed by the products they purchase in stores and we are willing to tackle your case in court if need be in order to get you the compensation you deserve after an injury of this sort. Do not hesitate to contact a Raleigh personal injury lawyer from our firm today.

Share To: