Skip to Content
Put Our Team in Your Corner 855-757-4204

Was I Affected by Camp Lejeune’s Water Contamination?

When Results Matter Most, Hire a Heavyweight
Silhouette of a man drinking from a water bottle.

Camp Lejeune has recently been in the spotlight because of the negligence of the Department of the Navy. Though the water contamination has been public knowledge for decades, many exposed individuals have only recently begun to seek information about their potential health risks. If you or family members you know served, worked, or lived for over 30 days at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987, the chance of previous exposure to contaminated water may be high.

Conditions Associated with Camp Lejeune’s Water Contamination

The water at Camp Lejeune was contaminated with industrial chemicals, including benzene, Perchloroethylene (PCE), Vinyl Chloride, and trichloroethylene (TCE). These chemicals can cause various health issues, including various forms of cancer. Some injuries and conditions associated with the contamination include:

  • Bladder cancer
  • Kidney cancer
  • Liver cancer
  • Breast cancer
  • Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
  • Parkinsons disease
  • Cardiac birth defects
  • And much more

If you have any concerns about your health, you should speak with your doctor. There is, unfortunately, no single test to determine if you have been exposed to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. However, your doctor can evaluate your symptoms and order tests to check for possible health problems.

You may be entitled to recover even if you are already receiving VA benefits if you served at Camp Lejeune and later developed cancer or another serious health condition. If you have questions about the bill or your situation, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today.

You shouldn’t have to take on the brunt of these conditions due to the negligence of another party. The team here at Lanier Law Group, P.A. is ready to take care of you and your family. Give our office a call at (855) 757-4204 or visit our website to fill out a request form for a free consultation.

Share To: