Burlington Social Security Disability Lawyer
Applying for SSDI in Burlington, NC? Get Experienced Legal Help!
At Lanier Law Group, P.A., we understand how difficult it is to be unable to work due to a disability. That is why we are here to help you through the process of applying for and obtaining Social Security Disability benefits. We have extensive experience in this area of the law and are prepared to assist you with your claim.
What is SSDI?
SSDI stands for Social Security Disability Insurance, which is a federal program in the United States that provides financial assistance to individuals who are unable to work due to a qualifying disability.
The following are some of the common types of SSDI benefits:
- Financial Assistance: SSDI provides monthly financial assistance to individuals with disabilities who have paid into the Social Security system through payroll taxes. The amount of the benefit is based on the individual's earnings history and contributions to Social Security.
- Healthcare Coverage: Individuals who receive SSDI benefits are also eligible for Medicare after a waiting period of two years. This healthcare coverage helps to offset medical expenses related to the disability.
- Dependent Benefits: In some cases, dependents of SSDI recipients may also be eligible for auxiliary benefits. This can include spouses, children, and sometimes even adult children with disabilities who were disabled before the age of 22.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: SSDI recipients may also have access to vocational rehabilitation services to help them return to work if their condition improves or if they're able to engage in some form of employment despite their disability.
- Work Incentives: SSDI includes various work incentives and programs aimed at supporting individuals who want to try to return to work or increase their work capacity without risking their benefits. These programs include Trial Work Period, Ticket to Work, and more.
- Survivor Benefits: In the event of the death of an SSDI recipient, certain family members may be eligible to receive survivor benefits, which are based on the recipient's work history and contributions to Social Security.
Keep in mind that SSDI is different from Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which is another federal program that provides financial assistance to low-income individuals who are disabled, blind, or elderly. While SSDI is based on work history and contributions to Social Security, SSI is a needs-based program funded by general tax revenues.
How Do I Apply for Social Security Disability in Burlington?
If you have a disability that is expected to last for at least 12 months or is expected to result in death, you may be eligible to receive Social Security Disability benefits. To obtain these benefits, you will need to apply.
When applying for Social Security Disability benefits, you will need to prove that:
- You are unable to work due to a disability
- You have earned enough work credits to obtain benefits (typically, you will need to have worked for at least 10 years)
- Your disability is included on the Social Security Administration's list of qualifying disabilities
When applying for benefits, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your birth certificate
- Contact information for the doctors, hospitals, and clinics that have treated you
- The names and dosages of the medications you are taking
- Medical records
- Lab and test results
- A summary of your work history
- Information about your most recent employer
- Your most recent W-2 form
Keep in mind that the Social Security Administration denies a majority of initial applications for benefits. If your claim is denied, you will have the right to appeal. To increase the chances of your claim being approved, we highly recommend that you seek the assistance of a skilled Burlington personal injury lawyer.
Get Help with the SSDI Application Process
At Lanier Law Group, P.A., we know how important it is to obtain the benefits you need when you are unable to work due to a disability. We are prepared to assist you with the application process and can help you gather the necessary evidence to prove that you are unable to work. Our firm can also help you file an appeal if your initial claim for benefits is denied.
Our Burlington Social Security Disability attorneys are committed to providing the personalized legal representation you deserve. We are available to answer your questions and address your concerns. When you choose to work with our firm, we will remain in constant communication with you and will update you on any developments in your case. Our goal is to help you obtain the benefits you need as quickly as possible.
There are times in your life you are so hurt and feel life has a grudge against you. Nothing in your life is going right. I lost the most important person in my life to death, of which I knew mistakes were made because I witnessed it with my own eyes. When you contact a law group you most of the time get all business and a matter of fact conversation. I want all to know that from the first phone call they listened to my lengthy story, sobbing most of the time with so much compassion. They never made any promises but offered assurances that no stone would be unturned. They fulfilled every word they said. They restored faith that I had lost. Until you are in a position like mine you can never know how invaluable Lanier Law Group is. They were wonderful while maintaining their professionalism. They treated me like a family member. They really do care about their clients. But most of all they are the best at what they do. I worked in the court system for years so I knew how attorneys and law firms basically operated. Understanding the law and it's interpretation is the ultimate key to winning any case. Also know that if an attorney/attorneys study and review your case and know that you don't have a chance in a court of law and are big enough to tell you that instead of giving you false hope, you then my friend have a group with valuable shared values. I have so much respect for everyone in this Law Group. I recommend Lanier Law Group, P.A. to anyone who needs representation, they are in your corner. 20 out of 10 stars.- Diane W.
I started working with Lanier Law Group in 2020 on my Social Security Disability case. They from start to finish were awesome. My case manager Janet Hanks and attorney, Ashley Sappenfield were always available to answer all my questions. I did not have to do much but sit back and let them handle whatever was needed. My case took too long (2 years) and if I did not have Janet and Ashley My case would still not be approved. I would recommend Lanier to anyone to get the job done and approved. Do not go to another firm with your case, who promise the world and do not see it to completion and do not think another firms would have worked as hard as they did on my case. Lanier Law Group will always be the choice for me and all my family members to handle any cases of this type and other legal services they provide. They went above and beyond!- Phillip J.
Mrs. Gonzalez did an awesome job of explaining everything in detail and keeping me informed on the status of my case. Despite poor customer service with the insurance company, Mrs. Gonzalez was able to fix what they could not. Mrs. Gonzalez was very helpful with helping me understand things that I was not aware of when dealing with insurance claims. I am so thankful for her expertise and professionalism.- Mario H.
The staff kept me well informed in a more than timely manner and was always ready to answer any questions I may have.- Timothy M.
The Lanier Law Group provided excellent customer service! My main contact was Denise.- Malinda P.
Great experience. Tish was very helpful as my case progressed and explained all of the steps to me, leaving me with very few questions. Shea was also very helpful during the negotiation process.- Nyesha B.
Our attorneys are confident taking cases to trial and will always seek to maximize your compensation.
Regardless of when you contact our firm, we're here to make sure that you get the answers you need. We also offer weekend appointments and consultations.
After an injury, every second counts. We are available to meet with you in person, virtually, or at your location to provide the highest quality legal counsel.
Every case we take on has a team of dedicated professionals assigned to make sure that we're delivering the best possible service and results.